Monday, August 29, 2005

Schrepferworks........ Thy name is Turner


I guess it is a little weird to document your thoughts and history as a "blog" as it were. Who you are, family friends, events, wins, losses and general details about yourself. I actually like the idea, if for no other reason than it gives my son a history of our lives before he can remember it.
Ok on to the name Schrepferworks is a name I came up with long ago. It is like a woodworker or clock work.... Someone who builds something. As a parent I guess that is my job to "Build" or cultivate our little one into a amazing man. My name is Neal, his mom's name is Jenny and his name is Turner.
He was born on April 25th 2005. He was 18 inches long and weighed 5lbs 5 oz. His first week was the worst on me. I had to carry him up to the Newborn intensive care unit where he spent the next 8 days. The pictures of him with the tubes up his nose still turn my stomach. He had some problems eating and maintaing his temperature, but like any Schrepfer before him he was a tough little guy and his stubbornness got him through. Now he eats like there's no tomorrow and inherited his fathers internal heating mechanism.
Well, I just wanted to introduce him to you and tell you that like any father I love my son very much. It ought to be an adventure. Soon I will introduce the other players in his life. His mother, our friends and even me, his father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you pick turner?
Is that someones last name ?